Friday, April 20, 2012

Hi friends and family!  Many of you have been keeping up with my German and European travels via my posts on Facebook.  For those of you haven't or who aren't on Facebook, I'm sorry I've been a bad blogger lately.  


My 8-week break between the winter and summer semesters is now over.  The new term began on Tuesday, and I'm really glad to be back in Oberursel and taking new classes again.  Monday night, my friend Jeremy  and I got back from our 3rd trip together.  We used the Eurail Pass to go Garmisch-Partenkirchen in the Bavarian Alps, then through the Alps into Italy where we spent time in Venice, Ravenna, Bologna, Florence and Rome.  Finally we took a night train from Rome to Vienna, and after a day in Vienna we took the train back to Oberursel with stops in Salzburg and Passau along the way.  Our friend and classmate Mathias also joined us for most of the trip.  (He joined us on day 2 and went back 1 day early.)  All in all it was a great trip with lots and lots of impressive sights.  Unfortunately the weather didn't entirely cooperate and we had a lot of rain in Rome and onwards, but it was a good time nonetheless.  The 1200 pictures I took in 8 days can testify to that!  A few hundred of them I have posted on Facebook in 5 separate albums.  


I've discovered that's it's much simpler and more convenient for me when posting a large number of photos to do it on Facebook and then share the link here.  This Blogger website isn't so great for posting lots of pictures - it takes way too long.  Therefore, I am posting below the links to all 5 Facebook photo albums which anyone can view, even without being in Facebook.  Just click on the links!  Now that I've got these big trips behind me, I will try to be a better blogger again.  But not tonight; it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment