Tuesday, July 26, 2011

women's ordination causing trouble in Germany...

Well, it looks like I'll be going to Oberursel during some rather turbulent times for our sister synod, the SELK.  Their church body has historically been opposed to women's ordination on the basis of the clearing teaching of Scripture, but recent events have demonstrated that there is a fair amount of dissension to that position within the SELK.  If the dissenters have their way and achieve tolerance of women's ordination in the SELK, it could mean the end of our (the LCMS's) fellowship with them.  Read more about it here:

http://gottesdienstonline.blogspot.com/2011/07/trouble-in-our-sister-church-selk.html

9 comments:

  1. Why aren't my posts posting?! I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess not. My question was... is the SELK synod the synod that the Oberursel seminary is??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo..... what will this mean for you and your experience there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, I really like your blog. You'll have to set them straight on women's ordination when you get over there. What are your favorite verses or arguments against women's ordination? mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, you can't give me assignments online ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha Waaaayy to dodge that one Peter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. peter, when are you going to update your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't have anything to blog about cuz i'm not in deutschland yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fair enough. when are you leaving?

    ReplyDelete